For 3-6D cell Maglites
3 mode with memory High, Medium Low
Luminus SST-40 LED Emitter Cool White
380 meters range (36,625 CD)
This upgrade converts incandescent Maglites to LED. Does NOT fit Maglites that are LED from the factory
Warning: Last items in stock!
The Firefly 800 high powered led bulb is an instant replacement for the incandescent bulb in any D cell maglite including the older style with no "D" in the serial number. This does NOT fit Maglites that came from the factory with an LED such as ML300L.
FIREFLY 800 INSTALLATION
1. Start by unscrewing and completely removing the head of your Maglite flashlight. (if the head is not completely removed from the body you may have issues with the dropin sitting down in the head correctly).
2. Next remove the bezel and lens from the head and take out the factory reflector.
3. Insert the 800 lumen Firefly into the head(if you have a very old version of the Maglite you may need remove the extra set of rings that is on the base of the Firefly 800 first so it will sit deeper in the head (the set of rings will just slip off the bottom of the bulb).
4. Place the lens over the top of the 800 lumen Firefly reflector and screw the bezel back on to the head.
5. Remove the retaining ring and bulb from the switch tower (if you have the bi-pin bulb you can press down on the tower to eject the plastic bi-pin bulb holder).
6. Screw the head of the Maglite back on to the body until it is "snug" .
From the ON position you can "fast click" the switch ON/OFF/ON to get the light to change modes. Keep repeating this and the light will cycle through High, Medium, and Low modes. When you get to the brightness mode you want stop clicking. When the light has been running in any mode for more than 3 seconds it will "memorize" that mode. When your done using the light and you power it off, the next time it is turned on it will be in the mode you last used.
From the OFF position you can gently press the switch down "half press" just until the light comes on. If you power it ON/OFF/ON in this manner it will cycle modes from High, Medium, Low. When you find the mode you want you can fully press and "lock" the switch into place. When the light has been running in any mode for more than 3 seconds it will "memorize" that mode. When your done using the light and you power it off, the next time it is turned on it will be in the mode you last used.
Installation and troubleshooting